Coins for kindness: Magnolia Student Council contribute to relief for fire victims in Nevada County
December 13, 2017
Magnolia Student Council sponsored a coin drive to help generate relief for Nevada County fire victims.
Students and teachers contributed over $1,160 to the effort. The students pictured were recognized by the student council officers with a certificate for frozen yogurt because of their significant personal contributions.
The funds will be given to Nevada County's First Response Chaplains.
In addition, the Magnolia Student Council is currently collecting canned food items for the Nevada County Food Bank as part of the school's ongoing community service efforts.
Trending In: Entertainment
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say