Coins for kindness: Magnolia Student Council contribute to relief for fire victims in Nevada County
December 13, 2017
Magnolia Student Council sponsored a coin drive to help generate relief for Nevada County fire victims.
Students and teachers contributed over $1,160 to the effort. The students pictured were recognized by the student council officers with a certificate for frozen yogurt because of their significant personal contributions.
The funds will be given to Nevada County's First Response Chaplains.
In addition, the Magnolia Student Council is currently collecting canned food items for the Nevada County Food Bank as part of the school's ongoing community service efforts.
Trending In: Entertainment
- FiftyFifty celebrates production facility grand opening in Truckee
- Healthy shoulders: The shoulder as a complex for injury prevention and maximum performance output
- A classic & enduring American comedy! — Sierra Stages presents “You Can’t Take It With You” at the historic Nevada Theatre in Nevada City
- Suzie Daggett: Peace & gratitude
- From philosopher to CPA and KVMR board president