Coins for kindness: Magnolia Student Council contribute to relief for fire victims in Nevada County
December 13, 2017
Magnolia Student Council sponsored a coin drive to help generate relief for Nevada County fire victims.
Students and teachers contributed over $1,160 to the effort. The students pictured were recognized by the student council officers with a certificate for frozen yogurt because of their significant personal contributions.
The funds will be given to Nevada County's First Response Chaplains.
In addition, the Magnolia Student Council is currently collecting canned food items for the Nevada County Food Bank as part of the school's ongoing community service efforts.
Trending In: Entertainment
- We will rock you: A night at the Vets Hall with Queen
- Giant Steps get down at Golden Era in Nevada City tonight
- Nevada City Film Festival now accepting submissions
- Palestine-Israel Working Group screen ‘The Lobby’ in Nevada City
- Haunted hallways with hair-raising history: ‘Phantoms of the Holbrooke’ now available on DVD
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s