Bridging faith and music: Two Nevada County choirs to participate in Sacramento region’s first multi-faith Church Choir Festival
February 1, 2018
SacSings Sacred, the Sacramento area's first multi-faith church choir festival will be held on Saturday, Feb. 10, at Pleasant Grove Community Church in Roseville.
Nineteen choirs — including choirs from Nevada City United Methodist Church and Grass Valley's Calvary Bible Church — will perform selections of their favorite inspirational music before joining together to perform two joint pieces.
Represented among the choirs will be eight Christian denominations (and three non-denominational Christian churches), plus Jewish and Buddhist choirs.
Starting at 10 a.m., there will be morning and afternoon performances of nine and 10 choirs respectively, with the event concluding at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are free and are available. They can be ordered from http://www.bit.ly/SacSingsSacred.
The purpose of SacSings Sacred is to celebrate the faith-based traditional choir and sacred choral music, new and old.
It is conceived as a day of discovery, sharing, and fellowship — an opportunity for singers and the audience to connect with one another through the beautiful sacred music that bridges faith traditions and styles of worship.
Recommended Stories For You
SacSings Sacred is sponsored by the Sacramento Valley Choral Coalition, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose mission is to promote choral singing throughout the Sacramento region, and serve the needs of choral organizations of all kinds: community, college, church, and school.
The Coalition sponsors choral showcases, large-scale singing events, an online calendar of upcoming concerts, a monthly newsletter, and educational events.
For more information visit http://www.svchoralcoalition.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Lyman Gilmore takes on ‘Beauty & The Beast’
- Believing the best: Dalrymple MacAlpin and friends to perform songs from his musical fairy tale, ‘Make Believe’
- Strings and things: Longtime duo perform train songs and other classics
- In the eye of the storm: Peace and Justice Center of Nevada County screens Trouble the Water
- Hindi Greenberg: “Hand to God” will make you laugh, cringe and love it!
- Driver charged with vehicular manslaughter after women dies in crash on Highway 49 in Grass Valley
- Developer revives Dorsey Marketplace; Grass Valley releases Draft EIR (Read the doc)
- Suspect in Grass Valley baby formula thefts ID’d
- Cascade Canal Trail to open after Nevada County court agreement
- Nevada County authorities charge 2 with embezzlement