Bless your pets
May 31, 2018
A Blessing of the Animals service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 16, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church St. in Grass Valley. All are welcome.
Led by the Rev. Kevin Tarsa, with Carol Hyndman and Allison Rivers Samson, the service will include readings, songs, blessings and species- appropriate treats.
The humans will enjoy vegan snacks after the service.
If your animal friend is shy and prefers to stay at home, you may bring a photo to be blessed. A favorite stuffed animal is also welcome.
There will be an altar for photos or mementos of animal companions who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
Cats and other small animals are best kept in carriers for their safety.
Recommended Stories For You
The Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains is a progressive, religiously and spiritually diverse congregation pursuing its mission "to create a world more compassionate, sustainable and just."
In this Animal Blessing, Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains draws on the seventh principle of the Unitarian Universalist Association, a commitment to affirm and promote "respect for the interdependent web of all existence…"
Source: Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains
Trending In: Entertainment
- Grass Valley man accused of threatening to kill, gut officers
- Snow, rain totals for Nevada County beating last year
- Authorities rule Roseville woman’s death a suicide
- Meet Your Merchant: Business started when owner found a niche during the Great Recession
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman says someone threatened, urinated on her