UC Master Gardener’s of Nevada County gardening workshops
October 4, 2014
Drought Tolerant Plants
10 a.m. – noon today
Get water-wise in the garden. Cut your water bill and do your part to conserve water by planting drought tolerant plants in your landscape.
— Learn about water-wise landscape design principles and tips.
— Get updated about the current California drought and how it impacts us.
— Explore choices of beautiful drought resistant plants and resources for your landscape.
Recommended Stories For You
— Learn efficient irrigation practices and basic fire-wise landscaping principles as well.
ABC's of Planting Fruit Trees
10 a.m. – noon, Oct. 18
Would you like to have tree-ripened fruit right from your backyard? Discover the basics of growing a successful home orchard with confidence.
— Explore how orchard trees interact with soils, weather, space and each other.
— Discover how to place and plant your new trees to give them their best start.
— Find out about planting depths and techniques.
— Learn about watering, fertilizing and pruning.
All events are free and held at the NID Business Center Grounds, Annex Building, 1036 W. Main St,, Grass Valley.
For more information, visit ncmg.ucanr.org/ or call 530-273-0919 (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. – noon).
Source: UC Master Gardener's of Nevada County
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Cutting the mustard: Grass Valley’s Pine Street Burgers opens second location
- Driver wrecks on Highway 20 in Penn Valley, arrested after he wanders from scene, CHP says
- Spotlight on Nevada County sheriff’s race: Shannan Moon, Bill Smethers discuss recidivism, jail issues (VIDEO)
- Pair accused of using concrete bolt gun on Glenbrook Basin vending machine
- Fire near Sutton Way linked to transient camp in Grass Valley (VIDEO)