UC Master Gardener’s of Nevada County gardening workshops
October 4, 2014
Drought Tolerant Plants
10 a.m. – noon today
Get water-wise in the garden. Cut your water bill and do your part to conserve water by planting drought tolerant plants in your landscape.
— Learn about water-wise landscape design principles and tips.
— Get updated about the current California drought and how it impacts us.
— Explore choices of beautiful drought resistant plants and resources for your landscape.
Recommended Stories For You
— Learn efficient irrigation practices and basic fire-wise landscaping principles as well.
ABC's of Planting Fruit Trees
10 a.m. – noon, Oct. 18
Would you like to have tree-ripened fruit right from your backyard? Discover the basics of growing a successful home orchard with confidence.
— Explore how orchard trees interact with soils, weather, space and each other.
— Discover how to place and plant your new trees to give them their best start.
— Find out about planting depths and techniques.
— Learn about watering, fertilizing and pruning.
All events are free and held at the NID Business Center Grounds, Annex Building, 1036 W. Main St,, Grass Valley.
For more information, visit ncmg.ucanr.org/ or call 530-273-0919 (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. – noon).
Source: UC Master Gardener's of Nevada County
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County, NID, Lake Wildwood Association sued over E. coli
- UPDATE: Nevada County vote count points to likely winners; only 10 ballots left to verify
- THE UNION NOW: LATEST Election 2018 results; live feed from the newsroom
- Elections 2018: Erin Minett ekes out win Nevada City Council race
- STDs on the rise in California and in Nevada County