Sierra Starr strikes gold at El Dorado wine competition
May 27, 2014
Sierra Starr Vineyard and Winery picked up six more medals in its second wine competition of 2014.
This time the Grass Valley winery entered the El Dorado County Fair Commercial Wine Competition, hosted May 16.
Following Sierra Starr's success from the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition — earning three gold and three silver medals — Sierra Starr announced Tuesday it had won another six medals and a best in class in El Dorado County.
The family owned and operated vineyard and winery picked up two gold medals for its 2011 Rising Starr Cabernet Franc and 2012 Rose of Zinfandel, that was also named Best in Class. Sierra Starr also received four Silver medals for Jack's Blend 6, 2010 Old Clone Zinfandel, 2010 Phil's Selection Zinfandel and its 2013 Solstice Sauvignon Blanc.
For more information, visit http://www.sierrastarrwine.com/sierrastarrwine/, or call the downtown Grass Valley Tasting Room at 530-477-8282.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- 47 local art studios to go on display in Grass Valley, Nevada City
- Bierwagen’s annual pumpkin patch brings families back out to the farm
- Biodynamic farmers find superfood niche with mighty microgreens
- Annie Keeling: The Happy DanceCan we ever “fix” our child’s emotions?
- Falling for the season: autumn hikes abound