‘Read Me a Story’ set for Sunday in Grass Valley
June 15, 2017
Read Me a Story, a program of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital and Soroptimists, will hold a fun book fair for children 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 17, at Western Sierra Medical Clinic, 844 Old Tunnel Road in Grass Valley.
The free event encourages children 10 years and younger to embrace reading and learn the joy of books, with the goal of improving their language and reading skills during summer vacation. Children can choose free books at the Book Fair.
Children are asked to bring their favorite stuffed toy for a checkup because reading is always better with a friend. Western Sierra pediatrician Dr. Sarah Woerner and other health providers will be doing the checkups.
The community has donated hundreds of books, which are still being collected at the Western Sierra health center in Grass Valley in the lobby.
The free Book Fair will include snacks and treats and children. Representatives from Nevada County Library will be there to sign people up for library cards. Other sponsors of the Book Fair include Welz Family Foundation and Rotary of Grass Valley.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- No bystanders injured in wreck that led to death of Grass Valley driver
- 30-unit housing development proposed for Grass Valley
- State of the union: Grass Valley’s 151 Union Station to close its doors
- HEW property owner plans another run at development