All aboard the Polar Express
October 31, 2018
V&T Railway will begin service to the North Pole onboard "The Polar Express" Train Ride starting Friday, Nov. 16.
The magical story comes to life when the train departs the Eastgate Depot for an hour-long, round-trip journey to the North Pole.
Set to the sounds of the motion picture soundtrack, passengers will relive the magic of the story as they are whisked away. Once onboard, hot chocolate and treats are served as passengers read along with the classic children's book, The Polar Express, by Chris Van Allsburg.
Santa and his helpers greet passengers at the North Pole and then board the train, where each child is given the first gift of Christmas — a silver sleigh bell. Chefs aboard each car lead passengers in singing Christmas carols on the ride back to the Eastgate Depot, located at 4650 Eastgate Siding Road in Carson City.
The journey begins Friday, Nov. 16 and runs through Monday, Dec. 24 on select dates. Exact dates, fares and excursion times are available by calling 877-724-5007, or by visiting http://www.vtrailway.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- Penn Valley man killed in solo crash on Highway 20
- Nevada City’s National Hotel re-opening delayed
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Former Nevada County resident ‘Cappy’ Gordon killed in Montana