Nevada County releases draft marijuana ordinance (DOCS)
April 26, 2018
Nevada County officials propose that people who disobey a new marijuana ordinance be fined up to $25,000 per violation per year.
Those penalties are just one part of a 27-page draft ordinance released Thursday.
The ordinance, up for discussion at a special called 9 a.m. Tuesday Board of Supervisors meeting, details several aspects of cannabis cultivation. Grow sizes, appropriate zoning and setbacks are described in the draft document.
County staff will deliver a presentation to supervisors about the ordinance. No vote will occur Tuesday on the proposed rules.
"It’ll be another discussion and direction item," said Alison Barratt-Green, county counsel.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Cannabis
- Nevada County’s Shannan Moon becomes California’s first openly-gay sheriff
- Nevada County sheriff: Concealed, loaded gun found during traffic stop
- Memorial to former ambassador Chris Stevens to be dedicated Saturday in Grass Valley
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years