Nevada County weather: More rain on the way (VIDEO)
January 9, 2017
UPDATE at 4:30 p.m.: Only one customer on Lazy Dog Road had no power. Over 1,000 customers earlier this day had no electricity in that area, which runs along Highway 20, northeast of Nevada City.
UPDATE at 3:25 p.m.: A majority of people in the Chicago Park area now have their power restored.
UPDATE at 3 p.m.: A large portion of PG&E customers along Highway 20, northeast of Nevada City, now have their power restored. Almost 250 in that area remain without electricity.
UPDATE at 1:55 p.m.: Over 1,000 customers are now without power along a stretch of Highway 20, northeast of Nevada City. Over 300 of those, who have been without electricity since Sunday afternoon, are expected to have power restored by 5 p.m. today.
UPDATE at 1:20 p.m.: Just over 300 customers had no power along Highway 20, between Nevada City and Conservation Road.
UPDATE at 9:10 a.m.: County officials received over 40 calls on Sunday about leaning or downed trees. No significant flooding issues were reported, said John Gulserian, program manager with the county’s Office of Emergency Services.
“It seems, so far, we weathered the storm pretty good,” Gulserian said.
Almost 1,000 PG&E customers along Highway 20, from north of Nevada City to Jefferson Creek Road, were without power at 8:45 a.m. Monday. The power company had no estimate for when electricity would be restored.
Other outages include Greenhorn and Dogwood roads, the Bear River Pines area north of Chicago Park, and the Buck Mountain Road area, near Lime Kiln Road.
SUBMITTED VIDEO BY ANDREW ROLLAND
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Trending
- UPDATE: Police identify man found dead in Grass Valley
- Nevada County authorities investigate discovery of badly decomposed body
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist dies after Rough and Ready Highway wreck
- UPDATE: Evacuees at fairgrounds need packaged and snack foods, blankets, food for small animals
- CHP: Man who died in Highway 20/49 wreck identified
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story