Nevada County death: Yoav Timmer ID’d as man who died Friday in Yuba River
June 19, 2017
Nevada County authorities have identified a man who died Friday in the Yuba River as 33-year-old Yoav Timmer.
Timmer, a citizen of Israel, died from probable drowning. Authorities suspect no foul play, said Mike Sullivan, coroner with the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
Timmer, living in the North San Juan area, was with a friend around 3:30 p.m. Friday at Rice’s Crossing. His friend, his attention elsewhere for a moment, looked to Timmer and saw his face down in the water, authorities said.
The friend pulled Timmer to shore and saw he wasn’t breathing. He then drove to the nearest home and called 911, reports state.
Authorities say they responded and tried to revive Timmer before he was pronounced dead.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County