Women of Worth thrift store praised
November 28, 2002
I have found the answer to the excited feeling of discovering gold! It is call Women of Worth Thrift & Gift in Nevada City. I have been helping there since May and have seen Sandy Schmidt, the director, give people whatever they need to stay warm, or clothes for their children. I cannot believe that we are so lucky to finally have a thrift store that helps the poor. I have seen her and her volunteers help poor souls with no money to get on their feet.
I think she is a hero to all!
Trending In: Opinion
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rideout cuts to save $3 million include cutting ties with Nevada County
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Penn Valley Market owner falls prey to false internet rumor
- Hilary Hodge: Doug LaMalfa should know no seat is safe