Women of Worth thrift store praised
November 28, 2002
I have found the answer to the excited feeling of discovering gold! It is call Women of Worth Thrift & Gift in Nevada City. I have been helping there since May and have seen Sandy Schmidt, the director, give people whatever they need to stay warm, or clothes for their children. I cannot believe that we are so lucky to finally have a thrift store that helps the poor. I have seen her and her volunteers help poor souls with no money to get on their feet.
I think she is a hero to all!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck