Thanks, Nevada City
October 17, 2013
Three cheers to Nevada City for a job well done!
Last Wednesday, the City Council was told of fading crosswalks along West Broad Street. Within a week the crosswalks were freshly painted, restoring a sense of safety to those of us who choose to walk downtown. It's a welcome contrast to our representatives in Congress, where Congressman LaMalfa and his fellow nabobs of negativity, nullification,and nihilism avoid their jobs altogether, shutting us down and tearing at the fabric of our country.
So thanks again to the Nevada City Council and its government workers for helping stitch us back together again — one crosswalk at a time.
Trending In: Opinion
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip