December 27, 2005
• At 10:22 a.m., police arrested a man on the 100 block of West Berryhill Drive on an outstanding warrant. The man was booked into Wayne Brown Correctional Facility on suspicion of resisting an officer.
• At 11:29 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Margaret Lane reported vandalism to a house under construction. Police took a report.
• At 11:43 a.m., possible vandalism was reported at the Safeway Store on Neal Street.
• At 11:58 a.m., a caller from Church and Neal streets reported two men fighting.
• At 1:23 p.m., a woman from Artist Upholstery on East Main Street reported a BB gun had been fired through the front window.
• At 4:07 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Lucas Lane reported a physical fight between a woman and her adolescent daughter. Police contacted the two and cited the girl for battery.
• At 7:57 p.m., a man reported another man in his 40s was in the caller’s back yard with a baseball bat and had broken a window. Police located and arrested the 59-year-old Grass Valley mobile mechanic, who was booked into the county jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and vandalism.
• At 10:40 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of West Main Street reported a physical fight in the street in which people may have been throwing furniture. Police arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of battery and resisting arrest.
• At 3:20 a.m., a caller reported pink gunk had been smeared on businesses and other property in the area of South Church and Main streets. Police found the material did not cause any damage.
• At 8:47 a.m., a caller from the 800 block of East Main Street reported a pitchfork had been thrown into the headlight of a truck. Police took a report for vandalism.
• At 9:44 a.m., a caller from the 13700 block of Loa Court reported squatters have been at a vacant building for three weeks.
• At 3:08 p.m., a caller from the 15100 block of Orchard Springs Road reported a deer with a broken leg in the yard. Nevada County Animal Control was informed.
• At 3:13 p.m., a tan Chevrolet Suburban spun out of control and landed on the median strip of southbound Highway 49 at Brunswick Road, facing the wrong way; the accident briefly shut down one southbound lane and the on-ramp. The California Highway Patrol responded.
• At 5:10, a person from the 13400 block of Allison Ranch Road reported identity theft.
• At 5:21 p.m., a man from the 13100 block of Avian Place reported a traffic incident with a neighbor in a dark blue pickup truck that occurred on Bitney Springs Road. After that incident, the neighbor followed him to his home and was driving around and onto his property. The CHP was asked to check the area, and a deputy contacted the neighbor.
• At 6:27 p.m., a caller reported an assault that occurred the day before on Burma Road.
• At 10:12 p.m., deputies assisted Lake Wildwood security in an arrest on the 13700 block of Lake Wildwood Drive.
• At 9:31 a.m., a caller from Danelli’s Deli on Tammy Way reported finding drugs in a vehicle in the parking lot. An officer marked the vehicle for code enforcement.
• At 9:49 a.m., a man from the 21500 block of Oak Ridge Drive reported a neighbor was pruning his trees without his permission, leaving the trimmings in his yard and refusing to stop after being asked to do so.
Trending In: Opinion
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death