February 7, 2005
Grass Valley Police Department
• A 1987 GMC Jimmy SUV was reported stolen from the 100 block of South School Street at 5:43 p.m. The Jimmy was black and gray, had a license plate number of 2EBX850, and was most likely stolen sometime the previous night, the caller reported.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• A golf cart was reported stolen at 7:57 a.m. from a carport on the 13400 block of Torrey Pines Drive. The same caller later reported that the golf cart had been found wrecked on the golf course in Alta Sierra.
• Nevada County Consolidated Fire District firefighters reported at 2:20 p.m. that a rock had been thrown through the window of Station 91, on McCourtney Road.
• A caller on the 17900 block of Indian Springs Road reported that his dog came home and had been shot. The caller said he and his children heard additional shots fired about five minutes previously and heard dogs yelping. The caller also said he had to put his dog down. According to the sheriff’s office, it does not appear that this shooting is related to one last week, when two dogs were shot with a rifle. A shotgun was used to shoot this caller’s dog.
Nevada City Police Department
• Three men were reportedly banging their heads on vehicles on the 300 block of South Pine Street at 8:38 p.m. A caller reported that they may have been smoking marijuana.
Trending In: Opinion
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball