Paranoia out of place in county
May 17, 2002
Does Drew Bedwell truly believe that there is a United Nations conspiracy in Nevada County? His recent speeches and e-mails suggest that such a conspiracy exists in our schools, in our environmental groups and in our national parks. It is difficult to believe that such an extremist view has any basis in actual fact. Think of your neighbors, your children’s teachers, the folks you run into at the grocery store. Can you imagine them all sitting down together and agreeing on a secret conspiracy? I think it is impossible.
Any meeting I’ve attended in Nevada County always has more opinions and different ideas produced than there were people present. No, Drew, your paranoia and scary view of the world do not fit the reality of Nevada County.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death