Nevada City’s Sierra Video sold
November 12, 2003
Nevada City-based Sierra Video Systems announced Wednesday it has been bought by Kramer Electronics Company. The acquisition is not expected to interrupt business at Sierra Video Systems or have a negative impact on local jobs.
Sierra Video Systems, founded in 1984, specializes in the design, manufacture and distribution of high-quality video and audio routing switchers for the professional AV, broadcast, government and presentation marketplaces.
The sale is anticipated to boost Israel-based Kramer Electronics’ line of video products, including high-end routing switchers, while allowing Sierra Video Systems access to Kramer’s extensive worldwide sales channels. The new company will operate as Sierra Video Systems, a subsidiary of Kramer Electronics US.
Financial information on the transaction will not be disclosed because both companies are privately held.
“This acquisition is the next logical step to the very successful strategic alliance that Sierra and Kramer announced more than two years ago,” Sierra Video Systems President Eric Berliner said.
Berliner will remain president of the company.
– The Union staff
Trending In: Opinion
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom