National budget imploding
March 16, 2005
This administration is pushing through the budget this week before critics and the media can point out huge program cuts and corporate giveaways.
The House and Senate Budget Committees approved budgets that make dramatic cuts to Medicaid, Food Stamps, and countless other low-income programs while extending tax cuts and (unbelievably) proposing new ones for the wealthiest Americans. This budget explodes the deficit.
President Bush is dismantling the America established by the founding fathers who stood for social justice and the common good.
When compared to other industrialized countries, this U.S. budget will confirm to the world we are not a compassionate “advanced” nation.
The government is a servant of the whole society not a powerful few.
Please speak up.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Grass Valley death: Arrest made in death of Brian Sharp
- Cause of death for Brian Sharp pending toxicology tests, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada Union graduate Jillian Smith vies for Miss California crown
- Ex-wife of Brian Sharp charged in death of Grass Valley man
- Grass Valley death: Authorities release ID of deceased man