November 8, 2004
OK, so I’m reading in the newspaper and hearing on the radio (I don’t have a television) about the election being won by George Bush because of the religious right’s concern over faith and “moral values.”
I invite a member of the religious right to explain to me the following: Why is it moral to invade a country that has not attacked or threatened us first, kill over 100,000 of their civilians, and break the Geneva Convention by torturing their prisoners of war, but it is not moral for two women or two men to proclaim everlasting love for one another and get married?
I really want to understand. Someone, please explain this to a befuddled liberal.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Grass Valley death: Arrest made in death of Brian Sharp
- Cause of death for Brian Sharp pending toxicology tests, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada Union graduate Jillian Smith vies for Miss California crown
- Ex-wife of Brian Sharp charged in death of Grass Valley man
- Grass Valley death: Authorities release ID of deceased man