May 5, 2014
In an April 21 letter to the editor, Toni Laub asks that Rick Kraus go to his neighbors and thank them for his Affordable Care Act subsidy. I'd say, "you're welcome." Removing barriers to health care is one of the more common sense things the country can do for its citizens.
For Toni, and the others who complain about the subsidy, I can only assume you pay for every dime of your health care by cash out-of-pocket. If, however, you are on Medicare, I say "you're welcome," too. Perhaps you get your health insurance through employment. In that case, using your logic, I expect that you are going door to door and thanking people for paying the prices for good and services that make your benefit possible.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death