Yes, Obama won
December 26, 2012
Regarding the recent letter by Ed Westervelt, "So Obama won," the ideological Obama haters will stop at nothing to delegitimize his election. It's not possible that Obama's programs, accomplishments and personal appeal triumphed over the bland, shape-shifter, elitist Romney. Oh, no, it had to be voter fraud.
Let's ignore the legions of attorneys on both sides who monitored the polls or the hot lines set up to point a finger at fraud. Let's instead, accept Ed Westervelt's opinion. I especially enjoyed his powerful phrasing to make his point: "more likely," "there may have been some mischief," "there may be something more significant," "does it make sense" and my all-time favorite, "one might surmise."
No, Mr. Westervelt, one does not surmise and, therefore, dismiss the vote of the American people in service to ideological hatred of the president. This is a democracy; get over it!
Lawrence W. Gold, M.D.
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later