Women of Worth needs our help
December 14, 2013
As chairperson of the Caring for America outreach arm of Nevada County Republican Women Federated, I was pleased to see Greg Schmidt's letter ("Support for Women of Worth founder," Nov. 13) in support of Sandy Escobar-Schmidt, founder of WOW.
Our club has been involved with WOW for a number of years, and the financial and emotional support this nonprofit organization provides for women and their children in crisis is invaluable. In an article published by The Union back in October, former board members have alleged "bad record-keeping" and "intent to hide something." This article and the subsequent drop in both monetary as well as merchandise donations to this organization has only hurt the women and children in crisis that are so well served by Women of Worth.
I urge all you readers to visit the WOW ReShop located off Loma Rica Drive at 13355 Grass Valley Ave., Grass Valley, and/or the website to learn more about this amazing organization and the valuable work it does. WOW is 100 percent dependent on private donations and grants and does not receive any government support. It needs our help.
Annamaria S. Sauer
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say