Women: don’t forget to vote
December 26, 2012
"Don't forget the ladies," Abigail Adams wrote to her husband, John Adams, as he and his fellow males gathered to create a new nation. It took nearly 150 years for women to legally have the right to vote, a right they already had ethically.
It is thanks to the courage, relentless commitment and sacrifice of thousands of women (some whose very lives were given) that women now have the power of the vote. Women: don't forget the ladies who sacrificed so much. Walk into that voting booth and speak your values with a ballot.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Terry McAteer: Rejecting endorsement of hatred, bigotry
- Caltrans talks Highway 49 concept: Center barrier, roundabouts on corridor
- General manager of Nevada Irrigation District clarifies comments about marijuana grows