Women: don’t forget to vote
December 26, 2012
"Don't forget the ladies," Abigail Adams wrote to her husband, John Adams, as he and his fellow males gathered to create a new nation. It took nearly 150 years for women to legally have the right to vote, a right they already had ethically.
It is thanks to the courage, relentless commitment and sacrifice of thousands of women (some whose very lives were given) that women now have the power of the vote. Women: don't forget the ladies who sacrificed so much. Walk into that voting booth and speak your values with a ballot.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death