Women: don’t forget to vote
December 26, 2012
"Don't forget the ladies," Abigail Adams wrote to her husband, John Adams, as he and his fellow males gathered to create a new nation. It took nearly 150 years for women to legally have the right to vote, a right they already had ethically.
It is thanks to the courage, relentless commitment and sacrifice of thousands of women (some whose very lives were given) that women now have the power of the vote. Women: don't forget the ladies who sacrificed so much. Walk into that voting booth and speak your values with a ballot.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton