Without God, evil persists
December 26, 2012
The horrible massacre at Newtown, Conn., school shocked the nation.
People everywhere prayed for the victims and their families. Even President Obama traveled to Newtown to meet with the families of the victims. He later spoke at an interfaith service.
To a question: Why can such a tragedy happen?
Best explanation came from Gov. Dannel Malloy: "Evil visited this community today!" Many people asked: What leads to such evil?
Since American atheists forced God out of public schools by threatening lawsuits, even against private prayer in classroom and against any symbol of Christian faith, students were deprived the moral support and guidance for responsible life. Such intimidation created an empty vacuum.
Evil is eager to fill it. Our education system is void of any moral principles that are based on Christian teaching of Love and respect for dignity of every human being, be it a child or an old man or the unborn.
A lesson from the Newtown tragedy: God's commandments are the best rule for any orderly society.
Only return to Christian culture can save our country.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire