Why the vendetta against law enforcement?
September 7, 2013
Regarding the guest column "Outrageous tale of 2 crimes" and related cartoon in The Union Aug. 9:
Would the writer of the column prefer that law enforcement do nothing? Maybe what started out as a small incident grew to be a major undertaking and more than anticipated, but it was not a waste of taxpayers' money. It can be chalked up to training, a necessity for any organization to perform well.
As Americans, we should appreciate the services done by our law enforcement personnel. Because of the evil in our society, every day when they leave for work, they never know if they will return home. We need to pray for them. Regarding a waste of taxpayers' money, why not start with Washington, D.C.?
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- 25th Mardi Gras parade, celebration parties on in Nevada City despite rain
- Storm expected to pick up steam, drop 5-6 inches of rain through Tuesday