Why the vendetta against law enforcement?
September 7, 2013
Regarding the guest column "Outrageous tale of 2 crimes" and related cartoon in The Union Aug. 9:
Would the writer of the column prefer that law enforcement do nothing? Maybe what started out as a small incident grew to be a major undertaking and more than anticipated, but it was not a waste of taxpayers' money. It can be chalked up to training, a necessity for any organization to perform well.
As Americans, we should appreciate the services done by our law enforcement personnel. Because of the evil in our society, every day when they leave for work, they never know if they will return home. We need to pray for them. Regarding a waste of taxpayers' money, why not start with Washington, D.C.?
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier