Why the criticism against law enforcement?
August 15, 2013
Regarding the "Outrageous tale of two crimes" and accompanying cartoon on the opinion page in The Union on Aug. 9:
Would the writer of the article prefer that law enforcement do nothing? Maybe what started out as a small incident grew to be a major undertaking, more than anticipated, but it was not a waste of taxpayers' money. It can be chalked up to training, a necessity for any organization to perform well.
As Americans, we should appreciate the services performed by our law enforcement personnel. Because of the evil in our society, every day when they leave for work they never know if they will return home. We need to pray for them.
Regarding a waste of taxpayer's money, why not start with Washington, D.C.?
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed