Why the criticism against law enforcement?
August 15, 2013
Regarding the "Outrageous tale of two crimes" and accompanying cartoon on the opinion page in The Union on Aug. 9:
Would the writer of the article prefer that law enforcement do nothing? Maybe what started out as a small incident grew to be a major undertaking, more than anticipated, but it was not a waste of taxpayers' money. It can be chalked up to training, a necessity for any organization to perform well.
As Americans, we should appreciate the services performed by our law enforcement personnel. Because of the evil in our society, every day when they leave for work they never know if they will return home. We need to pray for them.
Regarding a waste of taxpayer's money, why not start with Washington, D.C.?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site