Who’s going to pay?
March 5, 2013
When I was a child, Christmas was a magical time of the year with the toys magically appearing beneath the Christmas tree.
One day, the magic was shattered when I overheard my dad complaining, "Who is going to be paying for all these magical goodies?"
Now, I look forward to the State of the Union with as much anticipation as when I was a kid, checking beneath the Christmas tree.
Oh yes, there are still those killjoys, asking the same old questions, "Who is going to be paying for all these magical goodies?"
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site