Who doesn’t love Lucille Lovestedt?
May 6, 2013
Readers of The Union who have enjoyed the essays of Lucille Lovestedt, which have often appeared in the paper's "Other Voices" column, will be delighted to learn she has included many of these in a little book entitled "Doing Eighty."
This charming woman also recently published a memoir written in the third person called "Commission of Child and Animal Protection." The title refers to the agency Lucille and her brothers came under after being dropped off at the Wyoming State Orphanage in 1924.
Both books are beautifully written, full of wit as well as wisdom.
Rough and Ready
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- UPDATE: Cascade Shores evacuation lifted, roads reopened
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers