Who doesn’t love Lucille Lovestedt?
May 6, 2013
Readers of The Union who have enjoyed the essays of Lucille Lovestedt, which have often appeared in the paper's "Other Voices" column, will be delighted to learn she has included many of these in a little book entitled "Doing Eighty."
This charming woman also recently published a memoir written in the third person called "Commission of Child and Animal Protection." The title refers to the agency Lucille and her brothers came under after being dropped off at the Wyoming State Orphanage in 1924.
Both books are beautifully written, full of wit as well as wisdom.
Rough and Ready
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site