What happened to free speech?
December 26, 2012
Is it fear, anger, drunkenness or that they don't believe in honest and open political discourse and free speech?
Or maybe opponents of Jim Reed for Congress are so far behind that they take desperate and illegal steps. I don't know, but three times during this 2012 election season Jim Reed signs have been vandalized from our home property on Ridge Road. Most recently the sign and its supporting stakes have been removed.
Grow up, people. Our society is made stronger when we honor honest opinions openly stated, even when we disagree.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire