What are they teaching those kids?
September 18, 2013
This past Wednesday there was an argument between two students in a Houston high school. One student pulled out a knife and stabbed several others, killing one and wounding three.
How inefficient. A more intelligent or motivated student would have thought to steal a handgun — it's easy, they're everywhere — and then he could have killed a dozen or more. One dead. Hardly worth getting out of bed for. I suppose the fault lies with the Texas public school system.
What are they teaching those kids, anyway? Math?
R. Owen Barnes
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site