Waste Management can’t be our only option
May 8, 2013
Regarding Susie Fatheree's letter concerning Waste Management. I, too, am disabled and unable to get the huge containers a half-mile from my house to the drop off.
I called and wrote to cancel my service. The only response was another bill from Waste Management. After eight months of bills from them and letters back from me, they turned me over to their collection agency. The agency called me so I sent them all the correspondence. At this point, I also contacted our county supervisors. That must have helped because I have no longer been billed for the services I did not receive. Waste Management's service rating is 1.8 out of 5. Surely there must be some other company that can collect garbage and trash for this county.
Does anybody else agree?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity