Wake up, America. it’s not 1776!
March 5, 2013
Recently, while the political “suits” in Washington, D.C., debated a minor tweaking of gun laws, four more young Americans were killed by guns (all by hand guns which are not even being discussed!).
Sixty-three percent of murderers in the United States are committed by guns. Nine percent of murderers in the United Kingdom are committed by guns. That’s an astronomical difference. Why? Because it is against the law in the United Kingdom for a private citizen to own a gun. Simple, isn’t it?
The Second Amendment must be changed. That is what the “suits” should be talking about. It is not 1776 when a small number of colonists declared independence from Great Britain and anticipated an invasion from Great Britain, which was then the greatest military power on earth.
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows