Wake up, America. it’s not 1776!
March 5, 2013
Recently, while the political "suits" in Washington, D.C., debated a minor tweaking of gun laws, four more young Americans were killed by guns (all by hand guns which are not even being discussed!).
Sixty-three percent of murderers in the United States are committed by guns. Nine percent of murderers in the United Kingdom are committed by guns. That's an astronomical difference. Why? Because it is against the law in the United Kingdom for a private citizen to own a gun. Simple, isn't it?
The Second Amendment must be changed. That is what the "suits" should be talking about. It is not 1776 when a small number of colonists declared independence from Great Britain and anticipated an invasion from Great Britain, which was then the greatest military power on earth.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death