Wake up, America. it’s not 1776!
March 5, 2013
Recently, while the political "suits" in Washington, D.C., debated a minor tweaking of gun laws, four more young Americans were killed by guns (all by hand guns which are not even being discussed!).
Sixty-three percent of murderers in the United States are committed by guns. Nine percent of murderers in the United Kingdom are committed by guns. That's an astronomical difference. Why? Because it is against the law in the United Kingdom for a private citizen to own a gun. Simple, isn't it?
The Second Amendment must be changed. That is what the "suits" should be talking about. It is not 1776 when a small number of colonists declared independence from Great Britain and anticipated an invasion from Great Britain, which was then the greatest military power on earth.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier