‘Unthinking’ devotion to the Democratic Party
May 12, 2014
Mr. Byron York, regarding your opinion piece published on May 1, I say this: You obviously are enthralled with the ultra-liberal Ms. Warren, since you describe Ms. Clinton as "over-centrist like her husband."
Your implication, then, is that Ms. Warren will excite the most-liberal wing of the Democratic Party as Ms. Clinton did not.
Guess what, though: you give discussion of the qualifications of neither Ms. Warren, nor of Ms. Clinton.
Why? Perhaps because you can think of no reason that either is qualified to be president of the United States other than the fact that they are liberal female Democrats.
Hardly what a thinking public should consider when electing anyone to the position of president.
I would expect that a reputable columnist would present a more interesting evaluation of candidates besides simply stating the obvious: "Democrats are going to realize the precariousness of their unthinking devotion to a single, flawed candidate," whoever that might be.
Maybe you should even evaluate the potential Republican candidates. But you wouldn't want to do that. You might disrupt, in your words "the unthinking devotion" of the members of the Democratic Party.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana