Unintended consequences of Obamacare
August 31, 2013
I was born and raised in Spain. I still have a lot of family there. My nephew Carlos, who is 56 years old, has never had a full-time job in his life! When he has found a job it has been on a limited, part-time contract. He has been working for 35 years under that system and so have many of his contemporaries. The reasons behind this are the taxes, regulations and entitlements that accompany a full-time job for the employer.
Can we see some similarities between Carlos' story and what is rapidly developing here as the "unintended" consequences of Obamacare are becoming apparent? Is our workforce going to become part-time permanently?
We are seeing employers turning their employees into "part-timers," cutting their weekly hours to 30 to avoid the extra cost of Obamacare, doctors retiring early because of what they see coming as a result of Obamacare and, sadly, we are starting to see older people being turned away at doctors' offices.
In the meanwhile, more and more exemptions have been granted to corporations, unions and public employees.
I cannot but summarize by qualifying Obamacare's "unintended" consequences as catastrophic!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations