Understanding our form of government
April 9, 2013
I read a recent article in the paper about our Senator Feinstein speaking to a group of people in San Francisco on gun control, saying, "A fear has set in that if they vote for the bill, they won't be re-elected. It's that plain. It's that simple."
Yes, it is that plain, it's that simple the Senators from other states are the representatives of the people from those states, and if their will is not carried out, they will not get re-elected. They are not put there to vote the will of Senator Feinstein. Evidently she does not understand our form of government by representation of the people.
Senators are put there by the will of the people they represent.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton