Understanding our form of government
April 9, 2013
I read a recent article in the paper about our Senator Feinstein speaking to a group of people in San Francisco on gun control, saying, "A fear has set in that if they vote for the bill, they won't be re-elected. It's that plain. It's that simple."
Yes, it is that plain, it's that simple the Senators from other states are the representatives of the people from those states, and if their will is not carried out, they will not get re-elected. They are not put there to vote the will of Senator Feinstein. Evidently she does not understand our form of government by representation of the people.
Senators are put there by the will of the people they represent.
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story