Understanding our form of government
April 9, 2013
I read a recent article in the paper about our Senator Feinstein speaking to a group of people in San Francisco on gun control, saying, “A fear has set in that if they vote for the bill, they won’t be re-elected. It’s that plain. It’s that simple.”
Yes, it is that plain, it’s that simple the Senators from other states are the representatives of the people from those states, and if their will is not carried out, they will not get re-elected. They are not put there to vote the will of Senator Feinstein. Evidently she does not understand our form of government by representation of the people.
Senators are put there by the will of the people they represent.
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows