December 26, 2012
I was pleased to read the Other Voices column by Jerry Martin (Nov. 10). He expressed very clearly my own feelings regarding the appalling lies and misinformation that have been propagated about President Obama.
I have been variously dismayed, depressed and sickened by the mistruths and distortions and most of all by the hatred that seems to fuel them. Many of the emails being circulated by the "Christian" right can only be described as hate mail. But isn't Christianity supposed to encourage love, tolerance and understanding? Can anyone explain the hypocrisy here? I would truly love to understand how this can happen.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton