December 26, 2012
I was pleased to read the Other Voices column by Jerry Martin (Nov. 10). He expressed very clearly my own feelings regarding the appalling lies and misinformation that have been propagated about President Obama.
I have been variously dismayed, depressed and sickened by the mistruths and distortions and most of all by the hatred that seems to fuel them. Many of the emails being circulated by the "Christian" right can only be described as hate mail. But isn't Christianity supposed to encourage love, tolerance and understanding? Can anyone explain the hypocrisy here? I would truly love to understand how this can happen.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Conner Milkey accused in 2016 death of Nevada County Jail inmate
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County judge upholds kidnapping, false imprisonment charges; tosses torture and robbery accusations