December 26, 2012
I was pleased to read the Other Voices column by Jerry Martin (Nov. 10). He expressed very clearly my own feelings regarding the appalling lies and misinformation that have been propagated about President Obama.
I have been variously dismayed, depressed and sickened by the mistruths and distortions and most of all by the hatred that seems to fuel them. Many of the emails being circulated by the "Christian" right can only be described as hate mail. But isn't Christianity supposed to encourage love, tolerance and understanding? Can anyone explain the hypocrisy here? I would truly love to understand how this can happen.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth