Turn that flag right-side up
December 26, 2012
Recently I was passing through Alta Sierra, where I live, and less then one-half mile from Dog Bar Road there is a house where the family has really done up their yard with Christmas decorations.
I'm talking almost over-the-top, I-love-my-country decorations.
Anyway, they also have a very nice flagpole concreted in and done right. Well, for about two weeks now, when I pass by, they have their flag upside down. Every time I see that or think about their upside down flag, it really bothers me. Is there a legitimate reason for this happy American family to hang an upside-down flag, and is that wrong for me to ring their doorbell and ask? I can't believe no one has said or done something about this, like take away their rights as a citizen.
Please tell me this is not the first letter you have received concerning this matter.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed