Turn that flag right-side up
December 26, 2012
Recently I was passing through Alta Sierra, where I live, and less then one-half mile from Dog Bar Road there is a house where the family has really done up their yard with Christmas decorations.
I'm talking almost over-the-top, I-love-my-country decorations.
Anyway, they also have a very nice flagpole concreted in and done right. Well, for about two weeks now, when I pass by, they have their flag upside down. Every time I see that or think about their upside down flag, it really bothers me. Is there a legitimate reason for this happy American family to hang an upside-down flag, and is that wrong for me to ring their doorbell and ask? I can't believe no one has said or done something about this, like take away their rights as a citizen.
Please tell me this is not the first letter you have received concerning this matter.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her