‘Trout in the classroom’ a valuable lesson
March 13, 2013
I would like to commend writer Laura Brown on her article "Trout in the Classroom."
It is important to introduce our young children/adults to the importance of ecology. Clean rivers (Yuba, etc.) are necessary for the health of our streams, ourselves, and our fish. The local schools, with their teacher volunteers, nurture the growth of fish eggs to 'live fish' in aquariums. The teachers explain to their interested and absorbed students the fish life cycle and "their" part in the survival of fish and stream health. Starting at an early age, learning to play a part in our ecosystem's survival are important components of life!
I know this article raised awareness of how fragile our system is and we need to be proactive to insure that we can be an active part of its revival.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana