‘Trout in the classroom’ a valuable lesson
March 13, 2013
I would like to commend writer Laura Brown on her article "Trout in the Classroom."
It is important to introduce our young children/adults to the importance of ecology. Clean rivers (Yuba, etc.) are necessary for the health of our streams, ourselves, and our fish. The local schools, with their teacher volunteers, nurture the growth of fish eggs to 'live fish' in aquariums. The teachers explain to their interested and absorbed students the fish life cycle and "their" part in the survival of fish and stream health. Starting at an early age, learning to play a part in our ecosystem's survival are important components of life!
I know this article raised awareness of how fragile our system is and we need to be proactive to insure that we can be an active part of its revival.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local