‘Trout in the classroom’ a valuable lesson
March 13, 2013
I would like to commend writer Laura Brown on her article "Trout in the Classroom."
It is important to introduce our young children/adults to the importance of ecology. Clean rivers (Yuba, etc.) are necessary for the health of our streams, ourselves, and our fish. The local schools, with their teacher volunteers, nurture the growth of fish eggs to 'live fish' in aquariums. The teachers explain to their interested and absorbed students the fish life cycle and "their" part in the survival of fish and stream health. Starting at an early age, learning to play a part in our ecosystem's survival are important components of life!
I know this article raised awareness of how fragile our system is and we need to be proactive to insure that we can be an active part of its revival.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier