Time for a change
November 13, 2012
Last weekend in Sonoma County's wine country, I observed a late-model Chrysler 300 sedan with governmental plates registered to the California Department of Motor Vehicles and was wondering why any DMV employee would be issued such a luxurious vehicle in these times of dire economic conditions and state budgetary concerns (current cost for this model is from the high $30,000s to the low $40,000s).
In his previous role as governor, Jerry ("Moonbeam") Brown (himself, no chauffeur) drove an older, nondescript Plymouth, adhering to his monkish belief ideologies. Perhaps it was purchased by the hidden slush fund in the Parks and Recreation Department? Something else is "fishy in Denmark" beside the current scandalous, calamitous and, yes, murderous behavior of our elected representatives in Washington.
Rough and Ready
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans