The importance of remembering
February 15, 2013
George Santayana, the celebrated American poet and philosopher (1862-1952) has been quoted as stating that "those who do not study history are doomed to live in its repeat." Which brings to mind the query that with all of this "revisionism" going on in classroom studies and publications, how about those modern-day speakers and "journalists" who attempt to rewrite history?
Well now perhaps you don't recall these famous chief executives:
President William Jennings Bryan, President Thomas E. Dewey, President Walter F. Mondale, President Hubert H. Humphrey and President Al Gore.
What's the matter — you don't remember them?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house