The importance of remembering
February 15, 2013
George Santayana, the celebrated American poet and philosopher (1862-1952) has been quoted as stating that "those who do not study history are doomed to live in its repeat." Which brings to mind the query that with all of this "revisionism" going on in classroom studies and publications, how about those modern-day speakers and "journalists" who attempt to rewrite history?
Well now perhaps you don't recall these famous chief executives:
President William Jennings Bryan, President Thomas E. Dewey, President Walter F. Mondale, President Hubert H. Humphrey and President Al Gore.
What's the matter — you don't remember them?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans