The importance of remembering
February 15, 2013
George Santayana, the celebrated American poet and philosopher (1862-1952) has been quoted as stating that “those who do not study history are doomed to live in its repeat.” Which brings to mind the query that with all of this “revisionism” going on in classroom studies and publications, how about those modern-day speakers and “journalists” who attempt to rewrite history?
Well now perhaps you don’t recall these famous chief executives:
President William Jennings Bryan, President Thomas E. Dewey, President Walter F. Mondale, President Hubert H. Humphrey and President Al Gore.
What’s the matter — you don’t remember them?
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows