Thanksgiving meals sent to homebound residents
December 11, 2013
A heartfelt thank you to everyone who donated time and money to Thanks to Give this year.
One hundred fifty meals and flower bouquets were delivered to seniors and disabled adults throughout the county on Thanksgiving Day. Special thanks to Nevada City SPD Market, Foothill Flowers and Country Copy for their generous discounts, to the staff at the Community Center and to all agencies who helped get the word out, to the American Legion for use of its kitchen facilities and a huge shout out to all the volunteers. We appreciate your ongoing support of this worthwhile project.
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping