Thanks to the CRTA
December 26, 2012
As a public school educator, I'm constantly feeling the pressure of the state budget crisis — the only given each year is that the state will ask us to do more with less. Good news is a rarity when it comes to resources. But recently a representative from the California Retired Teacher's Association came to one of our staff meetings, gave us words of encouragement and raffled off two checks for $100! A colleague and I left that staff meeting with $100 to spend on our classrooms. It was like Christmas!
Retired teachers could easily leave the profession in the dust as they ride off into the sunset, but some of them continue to give back, and that's such a blessing to all of us! Thank you to the CRTA; I will put your gift of money and encouragement to good use.
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later