Thanks to the CRTA
December 26, 2012
As a public school educator, I'm constantly feeling the pressure of the state budget crisis — the only given each year is that the state will ask us to do more with less. Good news is a rarity when it comes to resources. But recently a representative from the California Retired Teacher's Association came to one of our staff meetings, gave us words of encouragement and raffled off two checks for $100! A colleague and I left that staff meeting with $100 to spend on our classrooms. It was like Christmas!
Retired teachers could easily leave the profession in the dust as they ride off into the sunset, but some of them continue to give back, and that's such a blessing to all of us! Thank you to the CRTA; I will put your gift of money and encouragement to good use.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor