Thanks to Coach Houlihan
September 23, 2013
Regarding having a new Nevada Union head coach — I don't know whether it's good or bad.
I do know that since he took over, our community has bettered for it. I want to thank them for putting on a football camp for the young kids who want to learn and play the game of football. The players and some of the coaching staff spent four hours teaching skills to kids. They ran drills and even had a mock game in the end. I know a lot of kids that had a great time with the players and coaches today, and to a single mom who does not know how to teach these skills, it means a lot.
I also want to thank the Nevada Union cheerleaders who spent time teaching cheers and moves to those young girls wanting to learn. After all, what is football with out great cheerleaders?
So thanks to new head coach Houlihan for helping our team become active community members.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local