Thanks to Coach Houlihan
September 23, 2013
Regarding having a new Nevada Union head coach — I don’t know whether it’s good or bad.
I do know that since he took over, our community has bettered for it. I want to thank them for putting on a football camp for the young kids who want to learn and play the game of football. The players and some of the coaching staff spent four hours teaching skills to kids. They ran drills and even had a mock game in the end. I know a lot of kids that had a great time with the players and coaches today, and to a single mom who does not know how to teach these skills, it means a lot.
I also want to thank the Nevada Union cheerleaders who spent time teaching cheers and moves to those young girls wanting to learn. After all, what is football with out great cheerleaders?
So thanks to new head coach Houlihan for helping our team become active community members.
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping