Thanks for support shown at parade
July 25, 2014
The Nevada County LabelGMOs Campaign wishes to extend their sincere thanks to all the participants and spectators who came out for this year’s Fourth of July Parade in downtown Nevada City, co-sponsored by the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, Grass Valley Downtown Association, and Greater Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce. With a Bee painted art car, Free The Seeds banner, and lots of little ones with wings, we took third place for “Best Marching Group” in the parade!
Appreciation goes out to the volunteers who walked with us and distributed Moms Across America brochures, helping to continue education for labeling genetically modified organisms (GMOs). And to all those who carried signs and banners, a heartfelt thank you. Special kudos to Alexis Gandara, Banner Grange #627, RAFTT, and BriarPatch Co-op.
We look forward to having you join us again next year. You can visit our website for photos of the event: http://www.nclabelgmos.org.
Please continue to demand labeling of genetically engineered foods for California and the United States. Like 64 other countries, we have the right to know.
Stephenie Chague, coordinator
Nevada County LabelGMOs
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location