Tea Party fundraiser
December 18, 2013
In response to a recent Tea Party fundraiser, I looked out my window and lo and behold, I am living in Grass Valley, Calif., not Boston, Mass., and I certainly know the difference.
Having been born, raised and educated in the great city of Boston, I take offense with this group who dare call themselves the Boston Tea Party patriots. I say, call them what they are: Nevada County anarchists who are responsible for shutting down our government for two weeks. Remember? In most civilized countries, this would be called treason.
I love the beauty of Nevada County. It reminds me so much of New England in the fall, and I love the Constitution in that it allows me freedom of speech.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom