Tea Party brouhaha
June 20, 2013
Mr. T. Michael Walker claims that the Tea Party board has " … tarnished my professional reputation and standing in the business community." Or has he done it to himself by stating that the actions of local tea party volunteers " … are a stunning example of greed, selfishness and unsustainable shameless ambition"?
Poor Mr. Walker. Too bad he doesn't appreciate the nature of a volunteer organization, the limited time and talent of volunteers and the fact that they usually lack administrative sophistication — along with many, much larger institutions — to carry out regulatory compliance. During Mr. Walker's tenure, did his leadership style encourage or discourage Tea Party volunteers?
Jo Ann Rebane
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local