Tea Party brouhaha
June 20, 2013
Mr. T. Michael Walker claims that the Tea Party board has " … tarnished my professional reputation and standing in the business community." Or has he done it to himself by stating that the actions of local tea party volunteers " … are a stunning example of greed, selfishness and unsustainable shameless ambition"?
Poor Mr. Walker. Too bad he doesn't appreciate the nature of a volunteer organization, the limited time and talent of volunteers and the fact that they usually lack administrative sophistication — along with many, much larger institutions — to carry out regulatory compliance. During Mr. Walker's tenure, did his leadership style encourage or discourage Tea Party volunteers?
Jo Ann Rebane
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance