Tea Party brouhaha
June 20, 2013
Mr. T. Michael Walker claims that the Tea Party board has " … tarnished my professional reputation and standing in the business community." Or has he done it to himself by stating that the actions of local tea party volunteers " … are a stunning example of greed, selfishness and unsustainable shameless ambition"?
Poor Mr. Walker. Too bad he doesn't appreciate the nature of a volunteer organization, the limited time and talent of volunteers and the fact that they usually lack administrative sophistication — along with many, much larger institutions — to carry out regulatory compliance. During Mr. Walker's tenure, did his leadership style encourage or discourage Tea Party volunteers?
Jo Ann Rebane
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial