Tea Party brouhaha
June 20, 2013
Mr. T. Michael Walker claims that the Tea Party board has " … tarnished my professional reputation and standing in the business community." Or has he done it to himself by stating that the actions of local tea party volunteers " … are a stunning example of greed, selfishness and unsustainable shameless ambition"?
Poor Mr. Walker. Too bad he doesn't appreciate the nature of a volunteer organization, the limited time and talent of volunteers and the fact that they usually lack administrative sophistication — along with many, much larger institutions — to carry out regulatory compliance. During Mr. Walker's tenure, did his leadership style encourage or discourage Tea Party volunteers?
Jo Ann Rebane
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation