Tea Partiers sing Communist song in the parade?
July 13, 2013
We were amused that the Tea Party contingent in the 4th of July parade was heartily singing "This Land is Your Land."
This song is, of course, the popular labor movement anthem written by the then-Communist Woody Guthrie. Could it be that the Tea Party has become more enlightened, or were they just utterly clueless?
At any rate, this seems like a slippery slope for them. What could be next? Supporting the right of women to vote? The eight-hour day? The separation of church and state? Oh my!
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana