Tea Partiers sing Communist song in the parade?
July 13, 2013
We were amused that the Tea Party contingent in the 4th of July parade was heartily singing "This Land is Your Land."
This song is, of course, the popular labor movement anthem written by the then-Communist Woody Guthrie. Could it be that the Tea Party has become more enlightened, or were they just utterly clueless?
At any rate, this seems like a slippery slope for them. What could be next? Supporting the right of women to vote? The eight-hour day? The separation of church and state? Oh my!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court