Tea Partiers sing Communist song in the parade?
July 13, 2013
We were amused that the Tea Party contingent in the 4th of July parade was heartily singing "This Land is Your Land."
This song is, of course, the popular labor movement anthem written by the then-Communist Woody Guthrie. Could it be that the Tea Party has become more enlightened, or were they just utterly clueless?
At any rate, this seems like a slippery slope for them. What could be next? Supporting the right of women to vote? The eight-hour day? The separation of church and state? Oh my!
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed