Syria set up?
September 12, 2013
Syria's President Assad is both ruthless and intelligent. He certainly understood that deploying chemical weapons would be a stupid thing to do and would lead to international outrage.
If I were an al-Qaida operative embedded with the opposition, the single most effective thing I could do would be to deploy chemical weapons in areas held by the rebels, implicating Assad. The ghastly videos following such clandestine operations would predictably lead to America's current confused, polarized and frightening dilemma.
This smells like a setup, my fellow Americans. Think about it.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana