Syria set up?
September 12, 2013
Syria's President Assad is both ruthless and intelligent. He certainly understood that deploying chemical weapons would be a stupid thing to do and would lead to international outrage.
If I were an al-Qaida operative embedded with the opposition, the single most effective thing I could do would be to deploy chemical weapons in areas held by the rebels, implicating Assad. The ghastly videos following such clandestine operations would predictably lead to America's current confused, polarized and frightening dilemma.
This smells like a setup, my fellow Americans. Think about it.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans