Syria set up?
September 12, 2013
Syria's President Assad is both ruthless and intelligent. He certainly understood that deploying chemical weapons would be a stupid thing to do and would lead to international outrage.
If I were an al-Qaida operative embedded with the opposition, the single most effective thing I could do would be to deploy chemical weapons in areas held by the rebels, implicating Assad. The ghastly videos following such clandestine operations would predictably lead to America's current confused, polarized and frightening dilemma.
This smells like a setup, my fellow Americans. Think about it.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public