Support the fair board over elephant flap
July 16, 2013
We need to support the Nevada County Fair board, which has so far have not given into the ADI interlopers. Keeping the "Have Trunk Will Travel" elephant rides for the 2013 fair is a wonderful event. Children will develop an appreciation for elephants when they find how these large giants are gentle and will not hurt anyone. My first elephant ride was at a county fair when I was 12. I've traveled to more than 140 countries and ridden many elephants (Nepal, India, Thailand). I just returned from Malawai where entire parks no longer have animals or a few on loan from other countries.
Those opposed to having elephants at the Nevada County Fair should spend their energies and bus fare on stopping syndicated poachers in Africa's Mozambique and parts of Africa. Riding an elephant will be a wonderful adult and child experience.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash