Support public use of the Emigrant Trail
May 7, 2013
I am writing from Marin County in support of establishing free and public use of the Emigrant Trail. I have ridden trails in your area for many years. Once a trail is blocked or its use unfairly restricted, however, it might as well be padlocked for good.
Ten years ago, my husband and I, along with an adjacent neighbor, took ownership of a short section of abandoned creekside fire road running along our fence, and, in their case, a front yard. We offered, and the County of Marin accepted, a public trail on this old road for horse and hiker use. To date we have not had a single negative experience of any kind from such use. Actually, we are pleased that others can also enjoy its beauty. I urge your supervisors to act for the public good and declare this historic and valuable trail open for public use.
San Anselmo, Calif.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison