Superintendent should have classroom experience
April 17, 2013
As a former employee of the Nevada Joint Union High School District, I believe that it is important that a school district superintendent have classroom experience.
In the 12 years I was at NJUHSD, there were three superintendents. The "best" had classroom experience. It is my belief that it is impossible to manage teachers and staff without understanding what they must do each and every day.
DR. Chris Christensen
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom